WHAT: possibly the cleanest execution of a JDM STi version 1 front lip I’ve seen on a bugeye.
Subaru of Japan offered 2 front lip options for bugeye dubbed STI “version 1” and “version 2.” Production has since stopped on the Version 1 lip or so I’m told, making it more rare nowadays.
The guy who built this car has since gone on to own some incredible historic Japanese cars. The attention to detail that went into this bugeye belies that this car wasn’t built with Jay-Z’s expense account. Rather than overdoing it with pricey parts (i.e. it has Subaru 4-pots and AEM big rotor upgrade instead of a full $$$ big brake kit) it brings together a lot of parts that just flow really, really well together.
Even the engine bay is exceptionally well executed with just the bare essentials.
Mods (aka “can you believe it looks this good with only this”):
- Volk Racing GT-N 18×7.5″ 48+ Optional Gunmetal color and center caps. Spline Drive lug nuts
- Bridgestone S03 tires 225/40/18″
- Tein Flex Coil-Overs with EDFC
- STi EDM LHD Projectors with Hella HID ballasts and 6000K H1’s
- STi Front Grill, Genuine
- STi Ver.1 front lip, Genuine
- STi Rear Spats, Genuine (editors note: these are actually the rear half of the Subaru “Aero Mudguard” set which includes front/rear)
- STi Front CF markers, Genuine
- Painted OEM side skirts
- Mattjk custom LCD video screen
- JVC ADV-6160 DVD Receiver
- Focal Poly Kevlar separates, Audiobahn Amps, Premier 12″ Sub.
- VF22 Turbocharger
- AVO Silicon intake pipe, one piece from turbo to airbox
- Wahlbro 442 hi-flo pump
- JDM STi catless uppipe
- Turboxs ceramic coated downpipe, catless racepipe,
3″ midpipe with custom 3″ muffler.
- Recaro SRD seats with sliders (drivers & pass) (editors note: Recaro replaced the SRD model with the “Speed” model)
- JDM STi steering wheel Ver.7
- STi shifter trim and MOMO race aluminum shift knob
- MRT short shifter kit
- GT-Spec Stainless radiator shroud
- AEM big rotor kits, front and rear
- Axxis Metal Master brake pads, front and rear
- Subaru 4 pot Calipers with S.S. braided lines